Read Time:5 Minute, 20 Second
Do you want to know how to find the best car insurance deals and what options are on the table? Check the article below and get the best car insurance deals you can get.
Insurance, by definition, presents a critical asset in making our lives easier. Whenever you are facing some trouble, disaster, or difficulty, proper insurance serves as a great safety net allowing you to jump back on your feet and keep pushing forward.
So, it’s easy to see why driving and car ownership which are inherently associated with risk can’t be imagined without the insurance industry. This dependence gave us a whole range of products that are specifically crafted to satisfy the tastes and necessities of different car owners.
Are they all useful in your specific case? Of course, not – the needs for car coverage vary from owner to owner and from vehicle to vehicle. Let us then quickly break down how to find the best car insurance deals and what options you have on the table, so you can find a package that will be truly yours.
The main types of car insurance
When it comes to our favourite four-wheelers, you will most likely encounter one of these three types of insurance products:
- Liability insurance: This type of insurance pays other parties if you have caused the damage, covering both property damage and personal injuries caused by your actions. The insurance also covers legal expenses and settlements if you are sued after the car accident. As you can probably imagine this type of insurance is required nationwide as soon as you finish the pre-purchase inspection while the average monthly costs can vary from state to state.
- Comprehensive coverage: This product covers your vehicle if it’s damaged by a non-collision event such as theft, vandalism, weather-related incidents, etc. This type of insurance is typically required if you finance your vehicle via a third party.
- Collision insurance: Finally, this policy will cover your ride if it ends up damaged or totalled in a collision incident (the collision object may be stationary) that may or may not be your fault. In some cases, you will be paid off for the rolling damage and hit-and-run incidents. Once again, you may be required to have this insurance if you are financing your vehicle.
Other types of car insurance
Of course, the three products we have covered above are only the most frequent types of insurance. Depending on your state, financing agreement, or personal requirements, you may also encounter:
- UMBI (Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury) focuses on medical expenses and lost wages due to injury
- MedPay insurance which insures your passengers,
- Gap insurance compensates for the difference between what your car is worth and what you owe on the loan if the vehicle ends up totalled.
- Roadside assistance insurance compensates the road assistance crews for services like jump-starting, tire change, etc.
We would like to point out, though, that if you are going to use services beyond the basic package we listed in the first section, it is highly advisable to look for professional services for finding the best car insurance deals since available options, bundled packages, and fine print clauses may prove to be too much for an average user. It’s better to pay something of worth upfront than waste many in many months to come.
A matter of deductibles
While we are on the money you need to spend upfront, this is a good moment to quickly cover the deductibles, which are the money you need to pay while you file a claim under a policy’s coverage. That’s right – even if you are fully insured, you will need to put some money aside so you can put your coverage in effect.
Even though the amount of money may vary depending on the agreement you sign, we are usually talking about some flat sum like, for instance, $500 or $1000 so you at least know what you are dealing with. Also, some agreements may allow for the deductibles to be taken from your payout – try using this option whenever possible.
How to lower your car insurance premiums
Unfortunately, the options for cutting down insurance premiums are not that abundant, so in most cases, what you see is what you get. But, you still do get some wiggle room. For instance, you should never automatically renew your contracts and instead look for better deals. The insurer may feel more inclined to give you some loyalty discounts. Also, try paying your premiums annually instead of monthly since this type of deal usually gives you better prices. Finally, the best car insurance deals give you the option of adding another driver with a good driving record to your agreement. Responsible driving is usually rewarded with lower premiums.
Guidelines for responsible driving
Finally, let’s put the final piece of this puzzle in its place. We are talking about the aforementioned responsible driving. Aside from serving as a financial safety net in the case of an emergency, insurance also serves the purpose of encouraging safer behaviour on the road. Therefore, many insurers offer rate reductions for claim-free periods, which can cut your premiums by 5% annually. You will make your job of getting these premium discounts much easier by adhering to the following rules:
- Keep your car regularly inspected, serviced, and maintained
- Make a habit of regularly going through traffic rules and regulations
- Use defensive driving techniques
- Avoid driving when you are tired, distracted, or inebriated
- Always adhere to the speed limit and other pending traffic regulations
Well, we hope these considerations gave you a better idea on how to find the best car insurance deals, how to use them effectively, and, if possible, how to lower the premiums you will need to pay to get them. One thing’s out of the question, though – a proper car insurance package is something you should absolutely not consider hitting the road without. The best car insurance deal you can find is the one that factors in the distances you cover, your type of vehicle, the usual number of passengers, and countless other factors.
So, be sure to give them due attention and sign the coverage only when you feel you have everything you need for a safe and comfortable commute.